Friday, May 1, 2009

May Marathon

This post marks the beginning of my May blog marathon. Thanks to encourgement and motivation from WordCount, I will be blogging something everyday in May and hopefully loosen some writing chops. So, for all of you co-marathoners out there, let it be known, I am in this, no excuses and no fudging. and I hope that you are too.
My blog mostly covers the "day job" syndrome as it affect "true artists". IOW How does having a dayjob affect your art making discipline,what do you do to compensate not doing art full time, because, lets face 90 to 95.5% of us have a day job, and that includes:
 actors,dancers,writers,filmmakers, circus acrobats,etc.
Q: How do you deal with sickening guilt when you opt to go home and flop on the couch, drink or chain smoke or maybe indulge some more illicit vices?!
I have come up with an idea: I am going to use a random phrase or word that I hear or see in print or from a conversation, during the day to cue/prompt my writing for that day , for example "Last Monday" go from there...what do you think?
 You'll know what the trigger phrase is for that day because I will include it in the title, and  either start with it or throw it into a sentence somewhere. 
til' tommorow

No comments: