Saturday, May 2, 2009

glass slipper

Well, I think I lose the glass slipper tonight,getting in after midnight and all. I am writing this @12:57am Central time, are time zones a consideration?  Is there a makeup option? 
Tonight I watched "Rachel getting Married" and I am going to let it soak in,I may have a more plausible review tommorow,or later this morning. But, right off the cuff I have to warn you that there is some very cliche family disfunction/recovery rhetoric,however, there is also very good performances from Anne Hathaway,Bill Irwin,Debra Winger. I would say 3.5 stars,effective and engaging but not quite overwhelming in the way I expected.
 Jonathan Demme is skilled in the subtle touch, good storytelling. I think I'll sleep on it and give it another watch in order to get more detailed. 

No comments: